The days are getting warmer as the temperature creeps into the low 60s and slowly welcomes Spring. Just as a new baby bird hatching from an egg, your Subaru vehicle may be anxious to stretch her legs on roads finally not covered by thick salt or snow.
Before adventuring into all that Utah has to offer, there are several things to consider when preparing your vehicle for nicer weather. Wintertime can be harsh on your vehicle's exterior and interior, especially when it has been sitting in feet of snow for lengthy periods of time or driving constantly on salted roads. De-winterizing is extremely important before going on long trips or even commuting daily to work.
Aposhian Garage has gathered our favorite tips for de-winterizing your vehicle in preparation for Springtime. We believe that our customers safety and happiness is top-priority and are here to help with any of your vehicle needs.
- Change out your wiper blades. Ice and snow can really break down your wiper blades, especially in the harsh winter storms that we have had around Salt Lake City this year. To better prepare for those Spring showers, have your mechanic replace your wipers at your vehicle’s next service. It is a quick fix that will really be worth it down the road.
- Give your car a good wash. Salt and dirt from the wintery roads can be harsh on your Subaru’s exterior, particularly the undercarriage. An unwashed vehicle that has been exposed to salt can eventually rust, causing avoidable damage such as holes and weak spots. Take your vehicle to a good drive-through car wash and maybe pay a little extra for the super scrub.
- Check your tires. Tire safety is important to us over here at A.G. The fluctuating weather from Winter to Spring can mess up tire pressures. During your routine maintenance, our mechanics will check all tire pressures and put air in as needed. You will also want to have your tires aligned and the tread inspected. Having acceptable tire tread can save you from spinning out during those pop-up Spring storms.
- Make sure all the lights are working. Brake lights, running lights, front lights, fog lights, and even tag lights should be checked on a routine basis. Wintertime can cause the light bulbs to burn quicker, which can eventually cause an accident if not taken care of.
- Is your battery charged? Unbelievably, batteries also drain much quicker in chilly weather. Although it is particularly important to always carry an extra set of jumper cables in your vehicle, it is also vital to make sure your battery is healthy. Our mechanics can give your battery a good cleaning and test the charge just in case you may need a new one.
- Fluid levels need to be topped off. During the Winter, vehicle owners tend to use a lot of windshield wiper fluid, oil, brake fluid, but not blinker fluid! (Only kidding on that one!). During your Subaru vehicle routine maintenance check, all fluids will be topped off and the oil will be changed when needed.
- Change your cabin filter. As the world beautifully blooms again, so does the presence of pollen. Pollen can sneak its way into your vehicle’s air vents and through windows and doors when open. If you do not want to be sneezing every time you drive your car, we can have your cabin filter changed and as good as new.
- Make sure the air conditioner is working. There is nothing like rolling your windows down to feel the fresh mountain air on your face, except on those 90-degree days when your air conditioner is not working! When something has not run in several months, it is always smart to test it out before you drive, especially before a long road trip.
- Lastly, give your car a good spring cleaning! We have the tools and products you need to get your car shining, just like the day you drove it off the lot.
Aposhian Garage is committed to giving our customers an enjoyable transition from the Winter months to the beautiful Spring days in Utah! By using our services, you are entrusting your Subaru vehicle to passionate mechanics who believe nothing is better than a satisfied customer and a healthy car. Call your local Subaru specialist today!
When using Aposhian Garage, you have not only had your Subaru properly maintained, but you have also found your Subaru repair “home.”
We look forward to getting to know you and your vehicle!