Planning your next spring-time road trip can be super exciting, especially now that the weather is warming up and the Earth is blooming! While we here at Aposhian Garage cannot get you great deals on a hotel, we can make sure that your vehicle is up to par for the miles ahead, and at a great price!
Aposhian Garage believes that all our customers are family, including those that we have not served yet! As family, we look out for each other, making sure the top seven most important vehicle components on your car are safely tested and fixed prior to hitting the road.
Come to your trusted local mechanic, Aposhian Garage, for a routine maintenance check before packing!
- We will make sure your vehicle’s battery is in proper working order- To ensure you do not get stranded at a random truck stop, our team will check your vehicle’s battery to make sure the connection is tight, and any corrosion is cleaned. Corrosion, either from the salty roads or from the vehicle sitting too long, can cause issues with the battery’s connection. Our team will also make sure your vehicle’s battery has plenty of life left. We always recommend packing jumper cables for those unexpected scenarios.
- Our mechanics will inspect your vehicle’s belts and hoses- Routinely having your vehicle components checked is vitally important for the health of the electrical system, power steering system, and cooling systems. For these components to properly function, any frayed or cracked belts will be replaced and hoses displaying leaks or drips will be fixed.
- The vehicle’s fluids will be topped off and the filters will be replaced- Your vehicle runs its best when each tank is full of the appropriate fluid it needs. This includes oil (recommended to be routinely changed every six months), steering fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, and windshield wiper fluid. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends these fluids be routinely checked, especially for road trips, to provide safety and security to drivers. Filters should also be routinely cleaned to provide top-notch function to your vehicle, particularly the engine.
- The lights will be checked- Bulbs in all running lights of the vehicle, including brake lights, should be checked for working condition every time the vehicle is driven. We know that often drivers just simply do not have time to do this, and that is why we add a check into our routine maintenance appointments. Any bulb that is found to not be in working order will be replaced.
- We will make sure that your air conditioning system is working- There is nothing like getting miles away from your home, especially in a warmer area, and your air conditioning failing in your vehicle. After a long winter, the air conditioning system has set dormant for many months. Our team will check for functionality and address any issues that could cause the system to fail or exhale less than freezing air.
- Brake systems will be cleaned and changed as needed- Another particularly important aspect of vehicle maintenance is checking the brake system. Brake pads and rotors are an easy fix that should not be overlooked, especially when going on a road trip.
- Lastly, our team will make sure your tires are road ready- There are diverse ways to check the tread on your vehicle’s tires, but we make it easy by providing professional and knowledgeable advice on whether your tires are ready to be changed. And, just like your dad, we will check all tire pressures to make sure they are good to go on the road (even your spare)!
Do not get stuck wasting your time on the side of the road in a town you do not know, waiting on a stranger to pull up in a tow truck that is three hours away! Work with Aposhian Garage, a local mechanic you can trust, that will have your vehicle road trip ready in no time!
“We have been fixing them great since 1928”
We look forward to working with you on all your vehicle maintenance needs and beyond!